We are accepting submissions for our 2017 Winter Contest from November 1st at 12AM EST until December 1th at 12PM EST. The winners in each category—fiction, nonfiction, and poetry—will receive cash prizes of $500 and have their winning works published in the print edition of the journal, which comes out in the spring.
Contest results and Winners will be announced in March.
Contest judges will be announced soon.
See below for submission instructions.
We accept submissions in the following three categories:
- Fiction (up to 5,000 words)
- Nonfiction (up to 5,000 words)
- Poetry (up to five pages)
- Entry to the 2016 Winter Contest requires a fee of $15. Multiple submissions are welcome, but please note that the entry fee applies to each submission.
- All work must be submitted through Submittable (we will not accept mailed submissions).
- All work must be original and previously unpublished in any form.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please inform us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We accept submissions from U.S. citizens and permanent residents. We also accept submissions from non-U.S. citizens who are living outside the U.S.
- If you have studied or taught at the Columbia University Writing Program at any time in the past three years, you are ineligible to submit to the contest.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.