We want you to submit your work for Columbia: A Journal‘s Online Content!
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING:
– PLEASE NOTE: submissions for the online content are SEPARATE from submissions for the Journal. DO NOT submit a piece for consideration in both the Journal and the online content at the same time. If you submit something to the Journal and it is rejected, you may then submit it to the online content, but you may not simultaneously submit your work to both.
– The online content is open to any and all genres! We publish poetry, fiction (flash, short stories, short shorts), narrative nonfiction (personal essays, memoir, lyrical), reviews/criticism (of literature, art, theatre, film), translations, interviews, and artwork (photography, painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, music, video).
– Anyone can write for the online content! Doesn’t matter if you’re a current Columbia student, a Columbia alum, a student in another MFA program, a freelance writer, or have no association with Columbia at all.
– Keep prose submissions to approximately 2,000 words or less (about five double-spaced pages), do not submit more than five pages of poetry, and do not send more than five art images at a time.
– Send all submissions for the online content as an email attachment to: eab2206 [at] columbia [dot] edu.
– Accepted formats for writing: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf. Accepted formats for images: .jpeg, .jpg, .tiff, .png. If you’re submitting audio or video artwork, send us whatever format you have and we’ll figure it out.
– You may submit previously published work as long as you have the right to republish it and you tell us where it appeared before so we can give proper credit. You may also republish your own work that appears in the online content as long as you credit us as publishing it first.
– We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
– We do NOT publish anything that is sexist, racist, homophobic, ageist, discriminatory, or pornographic. So don’t even try.
– Questions? Have an idea for a piece but you’re not sure it’s right for the online content? Email: eab2206 [at] columbia [dot] edu.